So now we are past the voting stage. Here are some types of the electorate I have seen around, in person, or on social media.
Just some observations…
- The know-it-alls – These are the folk who have supposedly read the manifesto of every single party and know everything about the election (Nice Googling!). They then disappear until the next one.
- The silent voter – Never shares their opinion and nobody knows if they voted or not. Mysterioussss or what.
- The “Don’t forget to vote” people – One of the annoying types. Unless you’re living under a rock, you aren’t going to forget… so chill.
- The “Screw so-and-so party” people – Have a clear voice, and a very strong one too, like the passion of these individuals…normally.
- The “Shit, where did I put my Poll card?!” ones – This was me this year. I did find it in the end. Turns out you don’t need it anyway. Meh.
- The “AhhMaGerrd, this is my first time voting!!” peeps – Cool story mate, do what you gotta do, just like the rest of us. It’s a good thing we have this right. Blessed are we.
And the most annoying of the bunch:
7. The person who writes about types of voters – also me.
And no, not knocking any of ’em. All part of the joys of an election!